14 June, 2010

People always ask me...why do you paint the way you do? Why always young women and children. And very foo...foo...settings. I really don't know. Maybe because I am a die hard romantic on the inside. And know it doesn't exsist in my world. But some how I think that will always keep me young at heart. Why do I paint women? I don't know, maybe because I am one and understand them better? I've never found a man that I really wanted to paint.Or that hasn't already... Sad...but true. I think everywoman has him painted in her soul...( take that however) Children? Well maybe because I have one. Not including my 7 month old wolf and husband...otherwise you might say three...lol! And because maybe I don't want to ever loose that childhood innocents or wonder. Or I just want to stay connected to mine. Young images?....Well I think I'm still young...amd have my old age to paint old people...it's not where I'm at....mentally. Even though when I was little, my mom said I used to go sit on old peoples laps, hold their face in my hands and just look them in the face...or just wanted to touch them. I think I could feel their stories...and always loved old things, places, books...etc. But that is another story... :)Foo..foo settings? Just grew up poor. And didnt care about all that. I don't think I'd want it. But it is fun to dream...