07 May, 2012

Fowling Around.....








Was playing last night for a few hours, after everyone went to bed...and this was the result...

My house is Tuscan / old farm house style...and I have some roosters and stuff for decorations. I was looking at some of them before I painted this. And as I was searching to name this...I came across something neat. I liked it....and seemed to be what I was looking for...for the meaning. But still haven't really found a title that grabs me.

CHICKENS ARE AGENTS OF ENLIGHTENMENTS IN THEIR ADULATION 
OF DAWN. THROUGHOUT MYTHOLOGY & FOLKLORE, IT IS ALWAYS
THE CHICKEN WHO REPRESENTS THE BREAK OF DAY; THEY ARE THE
AUDITORY SIGNAL THAT WAKES THE SLEEPERS, THAT ARRESTS THE
INTRUSION OF DARKNESS. THE CHICKEN IS A TRANSITIONAL CREATURE,
ONE POISED ON THE LIMINAL THRESHOLD OF CHANGE. THEY MUST BE AWARE
IN DARKNESS, FOR THEY WAKE IN THAT TIME & PLACE AND KNOW TO LOOK
FOR THE LIGHT. THEY ARE THE EARLY WORSHIPPERS OF THE ENDURING CYCLE OF LIFE.

It doesn't say who it was by....


It's hard for me to put my feelings into words when I paint something. I am an emotional painter.Which to me means...I just sluff off the extra junk(emotionally good,bad...whatever) from the day..into my work. I don't think of what I'll paint. Sometimes I'll do studies...etc. But with nothing in mind. The only thing I really think about are the paints I use...and the formulas on finishes I've discovered. All the rest is by chance...And most of these pieces I'll finish in a few hours...so that's why I call them doodles..or just playing. They are short little experiments...to develop myself in art. I'm self taught...Never took any Art classes after High School. And now that we owe for my husbands Masters degree....I don't think I ever will. Can't afford it....
Soooo...anough of that....Shall we play some more?