30 December, 2012

So excited....

My husband gave me a heavy duty sewing machine for Christmas. I have no idea how to use it. I've done everything by hand in the past.I have a million ideas. When I was in my early 20's, I was given a car that was a stick shift. I had no idea how to drive it, but I had to get to work. After many stalls in the middle of intersections...scary stuff....I learned it by myself. I've never really been afraid of much...and like a challenge. So hopefully I don't sew my painting fingers...lol. Now that the holidays are just about over, I should have some days off to try. I want to make mixed media canvas to paint on, maybe doll clothes(daughter),messenger bags and pillows. I'm trying to stay off certain sites for a while. With the idea of creating things from my mind. Not getting ideas from other artists. That's how I started...and it feels better. Again I never went to any school for art, except highschool. I don't know that I would want to. I think I would loose my originality....I don't know. Just a thought. I think I'll spend my time that I'm usually on the computer...away looking for art supplies. In estate sales, old barns...etc. I also have to do some really big pieces for some of the galleries I'm in. To replace what I've sold. And I have some other places that want to carry my artwork too. I have alot to think about. It's been growing pretty fast. I am greatful for people, foundations and companies that have purchased my work. It pushes me forward to try harder things. It's fun still for me. Never thought I'd want to use a sewing machine...lol. Anywho....anough rambling.... Time to do different things.. But I know people collect my cigar boxes....I'll still do those and list on ebay...xxxx's.