03 May, 2013

Tapping into the juice

You know ...the hardest thing for me as an Artist.....is trying to turn on my creative energy. Or tune into it. It's hard sometimes being so serious during my day job....then trying to get rid of all of that at night. To try to unwind and bring out my inner child. Sometimes it's easy......sometimes( a lot lately) it takes a lot of energy... I don't have... to bring forward....or open up to. It seemed when I had major tragedies in my life it was free flowing. But now that there is calm again. I get a big blank. Maybe I need to take some Yoga classes or something. I need to go find some real me time. As a mother, wife...and public servant...I have been taught....to not think of myself. But to always think of others...DO...for others. And I find myself drained....I need to recharge. How do artists recharge? Maybe a nap for starters...lol. Then maybe listen to some music....that is my usual avenue to find my creative energy. ANnnnndd my inner child is screaming for a peanutbutter, banana and honey sandwich.....